Sunday, June 9, 2013

A Poem for Two Voices

Mom, my bother, and me were listening to Joyful Noise by Paul Fleischman. I was inspired to make my own poem for two voices. I felt my poem should not be about insects or birds, so I made my poem about a picture I made with chalk, oil pastels, and color pencils.


Above the clouds                         
                                                      Birds call 
the orders to                                  the orders to
fly lower                                       fly higher

Beside the skyscraper                   
                                                      Is a tree
green
                                                      brown
beautiful                                        beautiful

Under the tree
                                                      Is a person
sleeping
                                                      resting
snoring quaitly                              snoring loudly 

Below the sea
                                                      are fish
ells
and many more                              and many more
creepy crawlies                              curous creatures  





No comments: